Friday, December 11, 2009

This week we talked about social class and how once you are born poor into a family it is extremely hard to get out of this situation and become rich. When we watched the video in class i couldn't believe how this family was living and how their was so many people in the house and they still had a hard time putting food on the table. I can kind of relate but not even close to how they live. My parents didn't go to college, they already had me and we had no money so we had to live with my grandparents for a while but they provided the food for us. I know what its like to be below everyone and my dad had to work extremely hard and i think we got very lucky with what we have now because usually the rich only become richer and the poor just become poorer. This shows when we were playing monopoly if u get everything handed to you life is 100 times easier than the other person that starts with nothing and the person with nothing kept trying their best and was hardly making any progress while the person that had everything handed to them just got to sit back and keep making more money. The monopoly game made me understand alot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment